When considering options for yourself or deciding how best to help someone close to you, aged care is a complex area and requires careful thought. The uncertainty surrounding where to move, how much it will cost and where the money will come from can be overwhelming and stressful.
Things to consider before moving into aged care
- What up front costs will I need to pay?
- How much will I pay for ongoing care?
- How do I maximise my social security benefits?
- How can I afford to pay for ongoing care?
- Will I have something to leave for my family?
- How much tax will I need to pay?
- Can I keep my home or is it better for me to sell it?
Nexia can help
Moving into an aged care facility or helping a family member to do so, can be an overwhelming and confusing experience. Important financial decisions will need to be made during what is sure to be an emotional time.
If you are moving into care, or you have a loved one who is, Nexia Australia can help. We can guide you through important Aged Care decisions and:
- Look at way to help you afford aged care costs
- Structuring investments to help reduce aged care fees or helping you decide whether to sell / keep the family home
- Arrange your investments to maximise Centrelink entitlements, in the most tax-effective way
- Offer estate planning advice to ensure that your matters are left the way you wish.
At Nexia, we take time to understand your goals and objectives a there is much to be considered to ensure that you get the right balance between your assets, the cost of aged care and the impact on the Age Pension entitlement.
Our goal is to provide objective advice, based on your goals and objectives so you can make an informed decision.